Research has shown that a balanced gut microbiome (the digestive system and how it handles food for nutrition and energy) is essential to overall health and longevity. When a pet’s microbiome is unbalanced, diarrhea, skin, immune system, and weight problems occur, and managing unpleasant symptoms can affect quality of life for pets (and pet parents).
A Healthy Pet Starts With A Healthy Gut
Research has shown the importance of digestive health to overall health. Environment, illness, diet and medications can impact gut health, and many pets suffer from digestive issues (diarrhea, constipation, straining, vomiting), skin, immune system, and weight problems.
The Challenge: Identify and Restore Balance
Your pet’s microbiome (gut digestive system) is a complex internal environment. Testing your pet’s microbiome provides insight into their gut health status, and our first-of-its-kind fecal microbiota transplant capsules help supplement and restore your pet’s microbiome while relieving troublesome symptoms.
Our Microbiome Testing and Restoration Process
Our Microbiome Tests and Supplements can be used separately, or combined, to help improve your pet’s gut and overall health. Here’s how they work together:
1. Order a Microbiome Test Kit, collect a small stool sample from your pet, and mail the sample back to us (pre-paid envelope provided).
2. Analyze & Report: We extract and sequence DNA from the sample to identify your pet’s gut bacteria. You receive a report in 2-4 weeks via email AND can go online to explore and understand your pet’s results.
3. Restore: Use our Gut Restoration Supplement (a unique fecal microbiota transplant capsule) to replace and rebalance bacteria that are missing and restore pet gut health.
4. Reassess: Retest your pet at the end of each supplement cycle, or if symptoms recur. Compare test results through the online Pet Portal. Supplements may be an ongoing part of your pet’s care, or when medication, diet, age, illness or environment cause troublesome digestive and immunity symptoms.
- Our Science More details on the fascinating science behind microbiome testing and supplements (including our unique fecal microbiota transplant capsules).
- Contact Us We are enthusiastic about science and pets. We’d love to hear from you!
Our Microbiome Products
The microbiome plays a vital role in: digestive and immune systems, brain and coat health, behavior, and weight management. The AnimalBiome Test and Supplements can identify imbalances and restore gut bacteria to improve health.