How to set up your pet's profile, fill in survey questions and register their sample number.
1. Go to: app.animalbiome.com and select "Sign Up." Enter your email address and select a password.
2. You will be taken to a page to create a profile for your pet. (If page does not appear, select “Add Pet” from upper right side) There are several survey questions on this page having to do with your pet’s age, breed, and health condition. Please fill this out as completely as possible. It should only take about 5 minutes. Your answers are invaluable as they are what allow us to make associations between specific bacteria, symptoms, and diseases.
3. Hit the "Add Pet" button at the bottom of the page.
4. In the upper right, hit "Register Sample".
5. Enter the sample number, select your pet's name under "Whose sample is this?", and select a fecal consistency score for the specific sample you submitted. Consistency is rated on a scale of 1 - 7, with 1 as very hard, 4 as normal, and 7 as watery. If you need to see pictures to help you select the right consistency for your sample, look here. Then hit "Register". If you have more than one sample for the same pet, repeat this process from step 4.
6. If you have more than one pet, you will need to repeat this process. On the upper left, you will see your pet’s name and a drop-down menu to “Add A New Pet”.