How to set up your pet's profile and register their sample ID code
When you take a fecal sample from your pet, there are two things you will need to do to so that we have sufficient information to interpret your pet's sample correctly:
- Set up a Pet Profile.
- Register your pet's unique Sample ID code.
Don't worry, it won't take long! Everything can be done in just a few minutes at app.animalbiome.com.
Note that our website is not compatible with Internet Explorer. If you are using Internet Explorer, you will need to switch to a different web browser.
If you do not have another browser installed, below are three highly rated web browsers that are free, secure, and easy to install. None will interfere with Internet Explorer.
Setting up your pet's profile
1. Go to app.animalbiome.com and select "Sign Up." Enter your email address and select a password.
2. You will be taken to the "Add a Pet" page. Please fill this out as completely as possible. This information is crucial to allowing us to develop more effective therapies for sick pets in the future.
3. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the green "Add Pet" button at the bottom of the page. This will save your pet's profile in our database.
Registering your pet's sample ID code
1. Now you will need to register your pet's sample ID, so that we know that the sample belongs to your pet. In the upper right-hand corner, hit "Register Sample."
2. Complete the first three questions on the form, taking care to enter the 6-character sample number correctly (it is located on the small vial). See below for more information on the final question about "Consistency."
The third question refers to the consistency of your pet's stool sample that you are submitting. Consistency is rated on a scale of 1 - 7, with 1 as very hard, and 7 as very watery. See the pictures below to help you select the appropriate number. Select your pet's name for "Whose sample is this?" and then hit "Register." That's it!